There are a number of investors who wish to start their own small cafeteria license in Dubai. But as we are very much familiar with that there are a few important steps; that you need to follow when starting any business. You have to plan all steps in advance; and allocate a suitable budget in advance of each and every single step. The majority of the licenses in Dubai have the same process and same instruction; but a few licenses need more extra steps and additional approval from different authority; cafeteria license in Dubai is also the one which need some extra approval. So you need planning for all the steps along with approval in advance for cafeteria license in Dubai.
Cafeteria license in Dubai
One of the businesses deal low development period or simply the best revenue producer post project completion is cafeteria. The cause being, it provides to one of the basic requirements of humans; food. Entrepreneurs around the globe are paying attention to such commercial enterprise for its ‘speedy returns’ factor. But, the laws to open the same vary from country to country. UAE in common and Dubai in particular also has its own set of policy as well as regulations.
Cafeteria license in Dubai
If you have knowledge in cafeteria business or in a coffee shop business; and you wish to form a cafeteria license then you are on a right place. To answer it we will discuss the rules along with bylaw of cafeteria license in Dubai. Opening a small cafeteria license Dubai or coffee shop is not only on the subject of interest and having fun. It needs additional information and skills; as well as appropriate consultation that you will get from our expert team of professional.
The formation of cafeteria license in Dubai can be remarkably smooth; if you choose for the services of business setup firms like us.
What you need to do for cafeteria license in Dubai
- If you have any area in mind for your food business; then make sure that you do your research in advance by looking at footfall and demographics; so that to ensure that there is enough target audience to serve or not.
- Do prepare a business plan with comprehensive financial forecasts ahead of committing any expenditure.
- Prepare a comprehensive marketing plan as well as utilize delivery channel providers; such as Deliveroo and Zomato. These online platforms could put in an additional 40 percent on your sales each month.
- Do ensure that you have your cafeteria food offering; and menu documented earlier than you make all equipment purchases. We have realized people who purchase kitchen equipment; before they decide about their food menu; that leads to vast amounts of loss.
- Do prepare a broad milestone analysis as part of a wholly rounded project management plan.
- Do cost out your menu entirely so that you can set up a pricing policy that covers your fixed overheads. Menu cards should be prepared with the precise ingredients as well as costing.
- Do check the power supplies of your cafeteria equipment and ensure the catering license in Dubai; you fancy can support these.
- Do connect a professional of cafeteria license in Dubai; so that to facilitate you with your financial forecasting and monthly reporting.
- prepare a comprehensive contestant analysis; in order to know their pricing as well as product offerings.
- Do check the permissions along with NOC’s necessary from your landlord.
What you need to avoid for cafeteria license in Dubai
- In the first place do not try to open a cafeteria on your own; that is if you do not have any experience in cafeteria business. The large number of cafeteria projects that fail in Dubai are only because of the owners; because the owner trying to do the whole thing by themselves; but he have no knowledge of the food and beverage sector in Dubai.
- Also do not choose the first unit that a real estate broker offers you. Because landlords will only offer a few months modification period on the rent; and delays obtaining permissions could eat your working investment.
- Do not go for over approximation of your first year’s sales. Hence be realistic and prepare proper financial report; so that you can avoid any under capitalization for your cafeteria.
- Do not overcharge your menu offerings. With too much choices for the customer in Dubai, getting your pricing right is vital to business success.
How to open a cafeteria in UAE
In order to officially open a cafeteria in the Emirate one should consider the food license; which is approved in accordance with the rules and regulations of the DED. Please keep this in view that if you choose to form it in inside the cities or outside of malls; or other centers in the Emirates, you will need obtaining the Planning Department approval for this.
At this stage you need to know that Dubai has introduced a system; called ‘Food Code’ for different categories of food businesses. Cafeterias and cafes belong to a solid category and therefore reproduce a specific food code. Some of the other food businesses which need such category system are mentioned below.
- Cafeterias built within supermarkets, grocery stores and malls.
- Mobile food providers / Kiosk vendors.
- Food business within educational institutions as well as hospitals.
- Bakeries and confectioners.
So, who regulates the food code? The answer is Dubai Municipality Food Control Department.
It is DM’s duty to make sure the new business enterprise observes to the specific rules. To open a cafeteria in UAE or Dubai; you need to choose the type of food business; such entity intends to form and acquire a relevant food code. The next step is to obtain the trade license.
So, how to initiate this step for how to open a cafeteria in UAE?
As mentioned above you also need to narrow down the category of food combined; because the license mentions the related code. To start a cafeteria in UAE such step is obligatory. Therefore, we recommended you not to rush into many food codes.
General food safety standards for a cafeteria license in UAE
The UAE Food Code was announce back in 2013; that is with the aim of serving cafeteria or food business owners; so that to consider the central rules and regulations regarding the food safety. In other words, the general food safety standards in the UAE; pass on to the health protection of the customers as well as the safety environment; all cafeterias in Dubai need to full fill the food safety standards. In fact countries around the globe adopted the same standards and the Emirates make no exclusion. Besides that, it is fine to know that entrepreneurs who are searching for How to open a cafeteria in UAE; need obtaining the trade license, in order to properly function on the market. Please remember that our consultant in Dubai can provide you with legal direction; when drafting the documents for the licenses required.
If in case, you want to set up your business in the UAE; then you can check for the opportunities in the food industry. Such type of business can be a right investment as well as an appropriate source of cash; hence the food business in UAE has develop in a rapid manner in the past years. In the final analysis for official advice on How to open a cafeteria in UAE; and for a superior understanding of the rules in this connection; so we recommend you to talk to our consultant in Dubai.
Submit Your Review
Our Client Reviews
Cafeteria setup in UAE
We highly recommend TLD for all those who wish to setup a cafeteria license in UAE or any other business in the UAE as they will guide you all the way; and go along with you even when their job is done. They take a real importance in its clients and stands by its commitments.
Thank you for your support
I have had a great experience working with the TLD team, both for my Cafeteria license and also for my visa processing. I highly recommend them for business setup in Dubai
Cafeteria License in Dubai
TLD is a very professional consultancy firm. The process of setting up a Cafeteria license in Dubai was very smooth and headache free. All team members were responsive and supportive. Even visa issuances of my employee were fast and easy. I would highly recommend TLD to all business owners who are willing to startup a business in the UAE. A giant thank you to all the team at TLD headed by Ms. Sara and a special round of applause to Sara who guided us throughout the whole process
Cafeteria Setup in Dubai
Thanks to TLD (and in particular Sara) she was super professional, responsive as well as very useful. They made quite a complex cafeteria license process extremely easy for me, explained each stage very well. And complete everything in record time! Communication was excellent and always with a smile. A special 5 star for TLD.